Hep Connect is a free telephone support service for people in NSW
“Throughout my 24 week treatment she was the only person I had contact with that had hep C….it meant so much to me to actually speak to another person who has been affected by hep C.”
To get support from someone who’s been through hep C treatment, you can
- call the Hepatitis Infoline 1800 803 990 and ask to speak with a peer worker,
- or email email@example.com
Hep Connect is for:
- people affected by hep C,
- partners and carers of people affected by hep C,
- people thinking about starting hep C treatment,
- people going through hep C treatment.
A Hep Connect peer worker can:
- understand what you’re going through,
- listen to concerns around starting treatment,
- talk about tests needed before starting treatment,
- share with you how they coped going through treatment,
- be there for you to talk to on a weekly basis.
People who access Hep Connect say they feel less isolated as a result.
This page was last update 30 June 2017.