This website is published by Hepatitis NSW, an organisation that values:
Our work – including this website – has a focus on being evidence-based. We are very careful to draw from established and credible information sources. One way of helping ensure this, is our collaboration with Australian experts. These include medical, research and public health experts.
Our experts provide advice on our information content. At least one of our advisors will provide final sign off on the content of our booklets and brochures, and the information pages within this website.
Our advisory panel currently includes:
- Dr David Baker – MB, ChB, Dip Med (Sexual Health), DCH.
- Prof Robert Batey – MD MB BS (Hons) BSc (Med) (Hons) FRACP FRCP (UK).
- Prof Greg Dore – BSc, MBBS, MPH, PhD, FRACP.
- Prof Jacob George – MBBS, FRACP, PhD, FAASLD.
- Dr Cathy Pell – FAChSHM, MM.
- Assoc Prof Simone Strasser – MBBS (Hons), MD, FRACP.
- Prof Carla Treloar – BSc(Hons), PhD.
Unless otherwise stated within individual pages, our information-based pages have been authored and/or edited by the Hepatitis NSW Information and Communications web team: (Rhea Shortus, Grace Crowley). Our staff team have a special interest in writing for the web, and health literacy. They routinely attend relevant seminars and workshops.
Hepatitis NSW is an independent, community-based, not-for-profit health promotion charity funded by the NSW Ministry of Health. As such, we carry no advertising in our resources, including this website. We do, from time-to-time, accept educational grants from pharmaceutical companies. These grants are unrestricted and have no impact on the clinical content of our resources.
This page last updated 21 July 2022