If you have (or once had) hepatitis B or C, it does not mean that you should be treated differently from anyone else.

Photo of a male

Your rights

You shouldn’t be treated differently from other people when you:

  • want to keep something private (about your health or anything else)
  • are buying, or renting goods or services,
  • are applying for a job, or getting a promotion at work.
  • try to access health care or treatment. Doctors can’t choose who they treat with the new DAA treatments (based on injecting drug use etc.).

Do you feel discriminated against? Phone the Hepatitis Infoline to chat about it.

Also, click here to see our Detailed hep C information page >> 

This page last updated 10 Jan 2018

Was this page useful?