For the last 10 years many thousands of Australians from every corner of the country, in schools, businesses, and community groups, have shown their support for Close the Gap by marking National Close the Gap Day each March.
This National Close the Gap Day, we have an opportunity to send our governments a clear message that Australians value health equality as a fundamental right for all.
The aim is to bring people together to share information, and most importantly, to take meaningful action in support of achieving Indigenous health equality by 2030.
This year’s National Close the Gap theme is Our Health – Our Voice – Our Choice
To mark the day, Hepatitis NSW, along with our Close the Gap Partners – ACON, SWOP, Positive Life, HALC and NUAA – will hold an afternoon tea for people who work in our building. With our colleagues, we will:
- Reflect and speak on the health inequities that Indigenous Australians face
- Take action by signing the Close the Gap pledge and asking friends and colleagues to do the same
- Call, tweet or write to our local Member of Parliament and tell them that we want them to Close the Gap
- Listen to stories of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Share our photos and stories on social media
- Provide details on how people can donate to help the work of Close the Gap
For more information about Close The Gap, click here.