Our services are aimed at informing, supporting, educating and advocating for all people affected by hepatitis B or C.
Below you’ll find a list of our hepatitis related services, as well as how you can use them to get the best information or support from a doctor or other health professional.
What can our Services Offer you?
Our services will help you to:
- Learn about hep B or hep C, testing, treatment, transmission and more.
- Get advice from one of our experienced Hepatitis Infoline workers.
- Find out where your nearest hep-friendly doctors, clinics, specialists and services are.
- Read our Tx! Comic, featuring stories from people affected by hep B or hep C.
- Get support from one of our counsellors.
- Talk to someone who has been through hep C treatment
If you feel that you or someone you know might benefit from support, keep reading to see a full list of the services we offer.
Hepatitis Infoline: Talk About Hep B and C
The Hepatitis Infoline is a free hepatitis support line available across NSW. Anyone can call to speak confidentially with a trained Infoline worker. They can give you support, in-depth information about hep B and C, or refer you to the right networks or health services.
NSW Local Services Directory: Find Hep B and C treating and Testing Services and more
Are you looking for a local doctor, clinic or specialist? We have a reliable online directory of hep B and C friendly doctors and chemists, OST/rehab and sexual health clinics, and AMS’s and liver specialists – just type in your suburb and find one near you.
Free Hepatitis Resources, Information and Factsheets
If you’re looking for up to date information on hepatitis B or C, we offer a range of free resources:
- Bookmarks which you can distribute at your doctor’s office or to your class if you are teaching about hep B or C.
- Testing charts to learn more about the hep B testing process, in English, Korean and Chinese – and hep C testing chart in English
- Easy Read brochures on a variety of liver health and hepatitis related topics.
- Factsheets about hep C treatment, testing and other topics.
- TX! Mag is our hep comic, exploring journeys with hep B and C, using real life stories as inspiration.
People and workers in New South Wales can download and order as many of our resources as they need to spread awareness and inform about hep B and C.
Hepatitis B and C Support Services
Hepatitis NSW facilitates a number of support services for people affected by hep B or C. The support services we offer include:
- Live Hep C Free: This peer-led treatment program brings hep C information, testing and treatment to residential rehabilitation centres, meeting people where they are.
- Let’s Talk: our counselling service, offers support to people affected by hep B or C or related liver disease, their family and carers. Counselling is free and delivered face-to-face or via Skype or telephone.
- Hep Connect: our telephone support service, puts you in touch with someone who has been through hep C treatment. Hep Connect is for people living with hep C, their partners and carers, and particularly for people who are thinking about starting hep C treatment, or are going through it.